Wednesday 4 September 2013

Crafty? Me? No Way!


My entire childhood and teenage years I argued and insisted that I was not a crafty person and therefore had no need to learn to paint, sew, etc. It is hard to claim I am not crafty when involved with Warhammer.

Since I started in the hobby I have gone from slapping paint on as quickly as I possibly could to learning the more refined techniques of wet blending, sculpting, conversions and more. There's always more to learn and I wish I had the time and income to attend as many of Mathieu Fontaine's Masterclass painting lessons as he runs because I thoroughly enjoyed attending the one we ran in Vancouver a few years back.

More recently, though, I came across a lady that was making custom dice bags in the UK. After seeing a few pictures I decided I wanted to make my own to suit my army as I did know how to do basic crochet stitches and figured it couldn't be too hard to get the colors I wanted and make myself a small bag. So I researched a pattern and taught myself to make them.

Next thing I know people are asking if I can make them some to match their armies or for their gaming groups/clubs. My friends over at Chumphammer got these ones as a one year birthday present for providing their thoughts and chatter about Warhammer for the last year. I can't wait to see them at Kippers' in October.

So long story short  if you want a custom bag to pack your dice around in or for your battle magic cards, your templates or just about anything else let me know.

You pick the color or colors, tell me what logo/emblem you want and we go from there. I can be emailed at kippersmelee@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment