Monday 20 January 2014

Escalation-My Empire

Despite organizing the Escalation league I only opened up my boxes of toys yesterday. Sad really but with real life happening and a crochet challenge (two if you count the dice bag I was asked to make that I can't post until after GottaCon) I have been trying to prioritize.

That is part of what I like about the League, it is flexible around my schedule!

I have been wracking my brains on what 500 points to paint and yesterday pulled out the models I do have because I doubt very much the rest of my Forgeworld could arrive in time.

I have decided that for Stage 1 I will paint 10 Halberdiers, 3 cannons and a character (not sure yet if I am feeling like painting a Captain or a Battle Priest).

It does not make a legal list but we don't have to paint legal lists. I am getting my Forgeworld order ready so I can get all the rest of the Marienburg models and getting Dice Bag Games to bring me in a bunch of the other models I will need.

I have chosen a pain in the butt color scheme because after painting my Brets I am bored to death of painting red and blue. I am painting Yellow as my dominate color. I always remember people saying yellow and red are two of the hardest colors to paint well. Not being a patient painter means I don't do well waiting for layers of paint to dry.

I am actually going to try out a Christmas present I got to see how it works for models: I got a machine for drying nail polish. It doesn't blow air like a blow dryer so I am interested to test it and see if it helps with my lack of patience.

Will take pictures as I go and post a few up here for people to see but will mostly have them up on my BOLS painting thread.

No comments:

Post a Comment