Friday 3 January 2014

A Cautionary Tale



These signs and caution about other wild animals are common in town. The bank, the grocery store, even the local hospital have similar signs posted on walls and windows. Our town is not unsafe by any stretch of the imagination, but as we are well known for our fishing and trails it is a great caution. Why doesn't super glue come with such warnings?

Have you ever read the back of a super glue bottle? We all use them wrong, we should be wearing gloves and masks to use the stuff. Toxic, caustic...you can't get much worse, and if you are pregnant or your partner is  be especially cautious because it is dangerous to be around. And yet we use it for our minis. Or try to. If you are like me you wind up wearing about as much glue as you get on the models...one reason why I prefer to let my hubby assemble the models and I do the painting. 

One time I spilled an entire bottle on my hands just trying to open it! And this morning...just after he leaves for work I decide to try again and wind up with glue on my pants, my fingers and just about on the floor...guess that figure I was going to glue can wait hahaha.

What kind of adventures have you had with super glue and what do you do to get it off unwanted items and areas?

1 comment:

  1. I use super glue and accelerator and have glued so many things to my fingers. Or accidentally glue the cap down on my bottle. So thankful they sell spare tops.

    ReplyDelete