Tuesday 22 April 2014

Escalation League Progress: FOR MARIENBURG!!



The Marienburg army is making progress...slowly considering it is a heavy infantry army with 100+ models once I am done.

I made some progress on the first unit and showed that to you a while back, the lovely yellow is so much different to paint than the red and blue of my Bretonnian army. But I did some searching and learned that Marienburg also uses blue and red in their colors so had to do a little of it. I've tried to keep it as an accent color rather than a dominant staple.

The Rocket Battery 

I have a couple of these Forgeworld Mortar bases that my husband bought many years ago that have been sitting around in our cabinet for a long time. While I have no intention at all of using Mortars in my army I really liked the bases and was trying to figure out what to do with them. Someone suggested trying the Rocket Battery and I rather like the result. 








The Cannons.


So far I only have the one cannon fully painted but there are four others in the works on my painting desk along with the crew for all four cannons. Where I likely will never field all 4 in a standard game I needed to be ready for the Storm of Magic games we sometimes play at home.





Fire Wizard


This model was also acquired some years ago, it was limited edition model and I fell in love with the detail and though I have no idea yet which lore I will be using (though it may wind up being a Heavens/Life combo if I keep going the route I am thinking) I had to paint him up to have in my retinue.



The Halberdiers

The bright color just makes them pop. I started with ten and have since increased the number of painted models to 18 I think and there is a whole giant pile of assembled and primed models waiting their turn to bring this unit to 50.







 Hoping to make some more progress tonight.

You can follow the Escalation standings on the Kippers' website.
http://www.kippersmelee.ca/2014-vancouver-island-tournaments-and-escalation-league/escalation-league-progress/

No comments:

Post a Comment