Saturday 12 April 2014

Astra Militarium...WOW!

So I dabble in 40k these days, learning Necrons of all things, but my husband has an extensive Guard (now Astra Militarium) army so of course that means we needed the new army book.

I am not the only person to cringe at spending $60 Canadian on an eBook version of an army book. But holy crap is this ever the first time that I was truly convinced it is worth it to buy the Enhanced version! Not only is the book full of beautiful pictures, the rules, and unit options but it has a Roster Creator built right in to the book!

So far we have only fiddled a little with it but in my humble opinion having a digital book that had the potential to update itself AND has an accurate roster creator....not only am I sold but this guarantees that I will continue to say "yes dear" when asked to spend $60 when the next Enhanced army book comes out. My fingers are crossed that fantasy books go this route as well.

Loving the modernization of this hobby even if my bank account doesn't!

No comments:

Post a Comment