Sunday 2 March 2014

GottaCon

I didn't get to go this year to GottaCon. The event grew and in the expansion they had to change the date to this weekend. Unfortunately for me that meant I missed it for the first time in three years.

My fellow gamers seem to have thought I was joking that I couldn't be there and I laughed as I had to retell them over and over this week.

It made me realize something though. As a parent and a gamer sometimes you have to make these decisions that are hard but I think I made the right one to stay home with my kids, celebrate their birthdays, attend concerts and generally just be with them. They were sure happy about it and it has allowed us to plan for the 500 point tournament we are going to as a family next weekend, where my oldest child will play in the event for the first time.

So never look at missing an event as a bad thing, its an opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment