Monday 7 October 2013

Kippers'


Gosh it's awfully close to tournament time. In just a few short weeks I will be hostessing the second Kippers' Melee. I am nervous because of the scope of the event this year compared to last and excited to see old friends and meet new ones.

It is strange to think how quickly this went from being a small 18 person event to currently having registered 30 fantasy, 16 40k, as well as those signed up for Warmachine, Xwing, Malifaux, and Magic (I don't know the exact numbers off hand). We have secured over $2000 in prizes as well as the trophies.

There is still a bit of administrative work to be done as the day draws closer with id badges to be made up and players packages to be printed, but I am pleased with the overall community response and with how the event has come together.

If you haven't heard of us check out www.kippersmelee.ca for the full details of last year and this year.





1 comment:

  1. Good luck/break a leg/etc Jen!
    I spent this last Sunday as ringer for Skulls Fantasy run in conjunction with Skulls Malifaux by Outpost 6030. We ended up with a rather disappointing 13 for WHFB and 3(!) for Malifaux. Looking back 4 years and before the edition change, we got 48 for WHFB alone! Anyway my performance as ringer was dismal and I lost all my games, but at least I gave them a good game (I hope!).

    Well done and I hope Kippers goes from strength to strength!

    ReplyDelete